Category: Spot Events
SAT DEC 5 – CAN YOU WALK THE HIGHLINE?
Highlines & Highballs is Saturday December 5th
We’ll rig slacklines all over The Spot for you to try, and if you’ve got skills you’ll earn a chance to walk the infamous Font-Hueco highline!
Food, beer, raffle & more!
FREE for members and their guests, just $10 for non-members.
THANKS FOR COMING, IT WAS AWESOME!!
The Spot’s 2015 Psychedelia is almost here! This year we’re going all out with our Dr. Seuss theme, and we can’t wait to see what crazy Seussian costumes you all come up with.
This glow-in-the-dark, blacklight event is well-known as one of the biggest and best indoor climbing events around! Hundreds of climbers dress up for our party/bouldering comp filled with wild decor and twisted problems with all manner of special features. We’ve done trampolines, rope swings, slides, hanging toxic waste barrels… who knows what we’ll come up with this year? With fire dancers, tape art from local artists, a huge raffle, beer, food, a legendary costume contest, and much more, this is not your traditional comp!
And join our Facebook event for the latest updates!
This year’s Psychedelia is presented by LaSportiva and Nite Ize! We will have great prizes for the best dressed guy and girl in each session!
Still costume planning? Read these great tips and tricks for your Psychedelia costume by our head route setter Jackie Hueftle.
Special Tiny Tot Blacklight Adventure during the 9:30-12:30 including blacklight games & activities for younger children 4 to 9 years old! It’ll be a fun time for your little climber and includes a costume contest, but is not a scored event and has no raffle. Children must be accompanied by a parent.
Check out media from past events:
Psychedelia 2014 photos and video
Psychedelia 2013 photos
Psychedelia 2012 photos
Psychedelia 2011 photos and video
Psychedelia 2009 video
Psychedelia 2007 video
Psychedelia 2005 video
Competitors $45 ($35 for Spot members, youth competitors include one youth spectator)
Tiny Tot Blacklight Adventure $10 (for young kids 4-9 years old, accompanied by parent)
Youth Spectators $10 (youth competitors & tiny tots include one youth spectator)
Adult Spectators $20 ($15 for Spot members)
Raffle tickets $2 each, or 3 for $5
8:30 am – Outdoor registration opens for C/D/TinyTot
9:00 am – Doors open & review for C/D/TinyTot
9:30 am – Climbing begins for C/D/TinyTot
12:30 pm – Climbing ends for C/D/TinyTot (food, raffle & costume contest to follow)
12:30 pm – Outdoor registration for Jr/A/B
1:00 pm – Doors open & review for Jr/A/B
1:30 pm – Climbing begins for Jr/A/B
4:30 pm – Climbing ends for Jr/A/B (food, raffle & costume contest to follow)
5:30 pm – Outdoor registration for Adults
6:00 pm – Doors open & review for Adults
6:30 pm – Climbing begins for Adults
9:30 pm – Climbing ends for Adults (food, raffle, costume contest & Finals to follow)
And join our Facebook event for the latest updates!
Note for youth competitors & spectators: this event sells out and due to our capacity we are asking each youth competitor to only bring in one spectator each. In addition, we will not be able to admit you to the adult session of Psychedelia. However, we will have a costume contest and huge raffle for the youth sessions! And around 10pm youth competitors (not spectators) will be invited to watch the adult finals AS ABLE, IF SPACE ALLOWS. Thanks in advance for your understanding. If you want to guarantee entrance to the adult Psychedelia please purchase an additional adult spectator pass. To be eligible for Finals, you must register and compete in the adult session.
Note for Spot members & customers: the gym will be closed to general climbing both the day of the event and the two days prior. Spot members are able to climb for free those days at the Boulder Rock Club (thanks BRC friends!)
COLLEGE OUTSIDE FEST – SAT OCT 10TH
College Outside and The Spot Bouldering Gym are teaming up to throw the second annual, large scale, intercollegiate climbing event in the outdoor capital of the country, Boulder Colorado! Building off of the success of last year, it will be an epic day and night of climbing, blacklight bouldering, slacklining, professional athletes, clinics, a live DJ, food, music, lots of ways to win epic prizes, and so much more!
NINJA SMACKDOWN – Thank You Wolf Pack!!
Join us for the first stop on the inaugural Ninja Smackdown series!
We’ve confirmed Wolf Pack members Brian Arnold, Ian Dory, Noah Kaufman & Meagan Martin will be at The Spot for Finals!
The series includes:
The Spot, Boulder Sept 26th
Earth Treks, Golden Oct 10th
Apex Movement, Boulder Nov 14th
Ninja Smackdown is a sick new event, where The Spot will be filled with ninja obstacles, styled after the popular American Ninja Warrior show. Not only do you get to test your ninja skills, but if you come to the evening Finals you’ll get to meet members of the world-famous Wolf Pack! Be a ninja! Meet the ninjas! www.ninjasmackdown.com
RESULTS FOR SEP 26 HERE:
Adult Results (coming Monday)
FINALS Top-5 RESULTS
- Lance Hering
- Jake Murray
- Max Manson
- Kyle Allen
- Matt Wilder
- 9:00am – Registration opens for youth divisions
- 10:00am – Competition begins for youth divisions
- 1:00pm – Competition ends for youth divisions
- 2:00pm – Registration opens for adult divisions
- 3:00pm – Competition begins for adult divisions
- 6:00pm – Competition ends for adult divisions
- 7:00pm – Finals
- Four co-ed divisions: 11 & under, 12-15, Recreational (16 & over), Open (16 & over)
- Two sessions with 200 max competitors (First up to 15yo, Second 16 & over)
- Three categories of obstacle will be assigned higher point values based on category difficulty.
- Once a competitor begins an obstacle that attempt counts.
- Competitors earn 100% of points for an obstacle completion on the first attempt, 80% for completion on the second attempt, and 60% for completion on third or later attempts.
- Each competitor’s final score is the sum of the top 5 point values they earned.
- The top 10 Open competitors will advance to Finals
- Finals will be judged by stopwatch, and will consist of a course that links 4-8 obstacles together
- $35 pre-registration, $30 pre-registration for Spot members, $40 at the door (if spaces are left, 100 for youth, 100 for adults)
- Spectators are free prior to Finals
- $10 spectator tickets for Finals (available up to capacity)
- All competitors get a spectator ticket to Finals
- Additional raffle tickets will be available (all competitors and spectators get a ticket)
THANKS TO THESE AWESOME SPONSORS!
BOLDR BLAST ANNUAL USAC COMPETITION ON SAT SEP 19
Join us on Saturday September 19 for our annual USAC competition! We’ve been hosting these for over 13 years, so you know it’ll be good!
Featuring 40 brand-new sick comp problems, great food, drinks & music, a HUGE raffle and more!
$45* at the door
$35* pre-registration for Spot members
*Add $5 to any registration if you’re not a USAC member
$10 (only for adult comp, no charge for youth comp spectators)
$2 each or 3 for $5
9:00 doors open for youth
10:00 youth C/D start
12:00 youth A/B/Jr start
12:00 Evol burritos served
1:00 youth C/D end
3:00 youth A/B/Jr end
Youth raffle shortly after end
4:00 doors open for adults
5:00 adult divisions start
6:30 Evol burritos & Avery beer served
8:00 adult divisions end
Finals and then raffle to follow
Note: the gym will be closed to general climbing both the day of the event and the day prior. Members are able to climb for free those days at the Boulder Rock Club (thanks BRC friends!).
THANKS TO OUR AWESOME SPONSORS!
DON’T MISS WELCOME BACK BASH ON WED AUG 26TH!!
Let’s celebrate while summer is still here at The Spot’s annual Welcome Back Bash! It’s FREE TO THE PUBLIC (yes, you read that right)!
This year’s theme is “ninjas” and ANW star Brian Arnold will be setting up ninja warrior obstacles. It’s a sneak preview of his Ninja Smackdown we’re hosting on September 26th. Stay tuned, that will be a sick event!
Come party with us at Welcome Back Bash! The festivities are from 5pm to 10pm featuring FREE bouldering, FREE food, FREE drinks, FREE door raffle, and a FREE SPOT PINT GLASS to the first 250 new and current members (EFT and annual PIF only). We’ll have food from Freshii On The Hill and EVOL burritos, as well as tasty beverages from Avery Brewing and Upstart Kombucha. And everyone in attendance gets a raffle ticket to win cool stuff from our awesome partners below!
JOE’S VALLEY & BCC FUNDRAISER AT THE SPOT – WED JULY 15TH 7-10PM
Come help us raise cash for Joe’s Valley & BCC – help us beat last year’s $3600!
$10 gets you entertainment, climbing, beer, raffle ticket and more!
Get event updates at https://www.facebook.com/events/109106089431132
Joe’s Valley is a world-class bouldering destination, but is like the wild west with very little infrastructure to support the climber traffic. This event will raise funds to help pay for the porta-potties SLCA has been handling for years. www.saltlakeclimbers.org
Boulder Climbing Community is the area’s local climbing advocacy & access organization. They build trails, replace bolts, and provide wagbags at many climbing areas across the Front Range and beyond. www.boulderclimbers.org
Isaac Caldiero – Isaac wrote the Joe’s Valley guidebook and is an athlete on NBC’s American Ninja Warrior. He will share photos, videos & stories from Joe’s.
Jason Kehl – Jason has authored highball & classic boulder problems across the US, and designs climbing grips and walls. He will share stories & videos from his travels.
BRING CASH & USED GEAR
Bring in your second hand outdoor gear to sell! Label items with name, phone, email & price, and drop off when you arrive (come a little early). And you can feel good about it too: 10% will be donated to the cause!
THESE SPONSORS ARE AWESOME!
SUMMER CAMPS AT THE SPOT – TAKE THE KIDDOS CLIMBING!
HAVE FUN CLIMBING THIS SUMMER!
Here at The Spot we’ve learned at least one thing after a decade of hosting youth summer programs: it’s gotta be fun! So we focus on making sure your kids have a blast. Our instructors all have years of experience teaching youth programs in an encouraging environment while maintaining the highest standards of safety.
We offer these summer programs:
Summer Indoor Climbing Camp 2015
Register for Summer Indoor Climbing Camp 2015 here.
The Spot’s Summer Indoor Climbing Camp is a week-long day camp for kids that want to learn to climb or already love it. We’ll spend our time bouldering, top-roping, playing active games, team-building and slacklining, all in our well air-conditioned facility. There are no prerequisites and we welcome 6-12 year old kids of all abilities. A few details:
- Each session runs for 5 days Monday through Friday
- Held every week from June 1st through August 14th
- Choose mornings (9am-Noon), afternoons (1pm-4pm) or both
- The rate is $250/week for mornings or afternoons, $450/week for both sessions, which includes rental shoes
- We offer 10% off any additional weeks of camp after your first week
- Month memberships are also available to participants at discounted rates: $25/month (under 12 year olds) or $45/month (13-18 year olds)
- Kids should bring snacks and water
Register for Summer Indoor Climbing Camp here.
The Spot’s Youth Club is our popular year-round, once-a-week after-school program for 7-12 year old climbers looking to explore the sport. This introductory program has less commitment but still plenty of opportunity to progress in climbing technique. Youth Club participants also get a full month membership, so they can return to climb as often as they want.
- Each session runs one afternoon per week for a month
- Held all year long
- Choose Wed or Fri, 4:30pm-6:30pm
- Cost: $125/month which includes a month membership and rental shoes
- Kids should bring snacks and water
To register for Youth Club contact email@example.com.
Reservation & Cancellation Policy
- Space is limited. We always try to accommodate late signups, but sometimes cannot, so register early!
- 50% deposit required to register
- Cancellations made more than 14 days prior to the first camp day are eligible for reschedule or full refund
- Cancellations made 8-14 days prior to the first camp day are eligible for reschedule OR 50% of deposit is non-refundable
- Cancellations made 3-7 days prior to the first camp day are eligible for reschedule OR 100% of deposit is non-refundable
- Cancellations made less than 3 days prior to the first camp day are not eligible for reschedule AND 100% of deposit is non-refundable
SUMMER JAM WITH THE GOONIES WAS AWESOME!!
Thanks everyone for coming! Photos coming soon…
Click here for more details.
TRAIN LIKE A NINJA – 3RD STAGE TRAINING EVERY WEDNESDAY IN MAY
IT WENT GREAT! STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT DATE!
3rd Stage Training with ninja warrior Brian Arnold
Every Wednesday in April at 7pm
Stage 3 has not yet been completed by anyone on American Ninja Warrior. But in 2013 Brian Arnold got further than anyone had before or has since. He’s now training with the Wolf Pack for Season 7, and Spot members can sample their 3rd Stage Training workout every Wednesday in April at 7pm.
Signup begins at the front desk at 6pm, there are 10 slots, and it’s FREE and exclusively for Spot members.