The Spot Bouldering Gym opened in 2002 as the first dedicated indoor bouldering facility in the US. Over the years we’ve added new walls and cutting-edge flooring, and we’ve hosted tons of competitions and events for the local and national community. Many of our members and guests contend that The Spot is the best bouldering gym in the world. We invite you to check us out and decide for yourself.
The Spot features 15,000 square feet of climbing surface spread over two freestanding boulders and four additional bouldering walls. Many of the bouldering features are themed after real bouldering areas. Come top out on The Font and Hueco Boulder, crux on the Colorado River Granite Wall, jam the Yosemite Wall, and send the overhanging belly of the Dojo or comp-specific features of the Beach. We have cool air conditioning in the summer and great warmth in the winter. Our friendly staff will make sure that you have an incredible bouldering experience at The Spot.
- 17 foot tall free standing boulders and walls
- 15,000 sqft of bouldering terrain
- Cutting-edge flooring by Futurist Climbing
- Over 200 boulder problems for all abilities with new problems set weekly
- Beginner top-rope walls
- Treadwall with routes of all grades and special training problems for power endurance
- Two system boards, two campus boards, and a ton of hangboards including two Beastmakers, an Iron Palm, and one of America’s only Eva Lopez Finger Strength System Training Boards
- Large workout area with free weights, cardio and weight machines, balance balls and other equipment
- Lockers rooms & showers
- Snacks, drinks, Evol burritos & two beer taps with rotating beers from local breweries like Avery (taps start serving at 4:30pm, no climbing after drinking)
MEMBERSHIPS & DAY PASSES
We offer competitively priced memberships and day passes for every climber. If you plan to climb four or more times a month, an annual membership or monthly membership is the best value for you. If you’re not sure how often you will use the gym, check out our punch cards.
Everyone who comes in to The Spot must complete a waiver. Minors (under 18) must have waivers completed by a parent or legal guardian. You can fill out your waiver online before coming in to the gym.
Here is the online version of the waiver.
The Spot Bouldering Gym
3240 Prairie Avenue
Boulder, CO 80301
(303) 443-0212 fax
General Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Route setting: email@example.com